Weezer Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Weezer Thread

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 20 Sep 2014, 22:23

Lifted from another place and time:

I am wondering how everyone who posts on this forum feels about Weezer? I've always loved them, but I always felt they would have been better off if Matt Sharp never left the band and have always wished he'd finally return to the fold...... "Blue" and "Pinkerton" to me were Weezer at its best, but they've had several solid songs since......
Last edited by KingLouieLouie76 on 25 Sep 2015, 15:35, edited 3 times in total.
KingLouieLouie76

Re: The Weezer Thread

Postby tom_cas1 » 20 Sep 2014, 22:59

I'm glad Matt Sharp didn't return to Weezer, is work with the Rentals is far superior than anything they've done since he left.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Re: The Weezer Thread

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 21 Sep 2014, 00:37

tom_cas1 wrote:I'm glad Matt Sharp didn't return to Weezer, is work with the Rentals is far superior than anything they've done since he left.

Yeah, you already know I'm also a major Rental fan as well...But just imagine how brilliant Weezer would have been if Matt and Rivers continued to collaborate with each other! "WOW" suddenly comes to mind.....
KingLouieLouie76

Re: Weezer Thread

Postby tom_cas1 » 21 Sep 2014, 03:41

I read that the two got together a number of years ago with the plan to write and record some songs for the first time since Sharp left but nothing came of it. I think it's too late for him to re-join Weezer anyway, and why would he? The new Rentals album is head and shoulders above anything Weezer have done in 10 years.

Yes, I go on about the Rentals a lot. :lol:
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
tom_cas1

Postby davidsutter » 21 Sep 2014, 13:58

It helps that the Rentals can make something work talking about.
davidsutter

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 22 Sep 2014, 04:56

tom_cas1 wrote:I read that the two got together a number of years ago with the plan to write and record some songs for the first time since Sharp left but nothing came of it. I think it's too late for him to re-join Weezer anyway, and why would he? The new Rentals album is head and shoulders above anything Weezer have done in 10 years.

Yes, I go on about the Rentals a lot. :lol:

Yeah and they've also performed live together on stage since...This would have indeed been the year for Matt to rejoin (during the 20th anniversary of "Blue").... But I must concede..it's obviously never going to happen.... But I along w/you love the Rentals...So....best of the both worlds, despite referring to davidsutter (your comment) that at least they'll doing something worthwhile, but definitely in contrast to the most recent Weezer projects!
KingLouieLouie76

Postby TripleJay97 » 01 Oct 2014, 19:43

So I listened to EWBAITE...

Remember when Pinkerton first came out, there was a review that asked listeners to "ignore the lyrics"?

Yeah, that.
TripleJay97

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 06 Oct 2014, 06:48

TripleJay97 wrote:So I listened to EWBAITE...

Remember when Pinkerton first came out, there was a review that asked listeners to "ignore the lyrics"?

Yeah, that.

Actually, I recall distinctly when "Pinkerton" was first released, but never the review regarding the lyrics....Quite frankly, they were right! Some of this trite lyrics ever, but the sound of each song compensated that to a lesser extent....
KingLouieLouie76

Postby TripleJay97 » 06 Oct 2014, 06:53

I know what you mean. This album does the same thing, a lot of the songs are quite interesting to listen to (the latter half especially, I can't remember how the first few go). Personal Highlights are Cleopatra and The British are Coming.

Da Vinci is a greatly composed song, but the lyrics...

"Even Da Vinci couldn't paint you,
& Stephen Hawking can't explain you."

"I couldn't put it in a novel
I wrote a page but it was awful"

You're damn right it was.
TripleJay97

Postby MrMagpie » 06 Oct 2014, 11:57

Weezer has been an exercise in exponential self-parody ever since Make Believe. Brutal band, but the first two albums were killer and bits of Green and Maladroit were good, too. And this is coming from someone who was blown away by the first two albums when they originally came out...great albums when you're a high school student!

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem
MrMagpie

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 08 Oct 2014, 09:16

MrMagpie wrote:Weezer has been an exercise in exponential self-parody ever since Make Believe. Brutal band, but the first two albums were killer and bits of Green and Maladroit were good, too. And this is coming from someone who was blown away by the first two albums when they originally came out...great albums when you're a high school student!

Yeah, "Blue" could be considered my soundtrack during my Senior year of high school and "Pinkerton" also brought along several fond memories...It just keeps on proving how much Rivers really needed Matt over the years to keep him in check!
KingLouieLouie76

Postby TripleJay97 » 08 Oct 2014, 20:26

Pinkerton will always be higher than Blue in my opinion. It just.. Rocks harder!
TripleJay97

Next

Return to Music Is My Radar