Mick Taylor
58%
Ronnie Wood
No votes

Total votes: 12

tom_cas1

Re: The Rolling Stones Thread: "COMING OCTOBER 6TH"

Post by tom_cas1 » 06 Dec 2016, 18:20

Well I've given their new album numerous listens over the last few days and my god...it's incredible. A return to form to say the least, even though there aren't any original numbers on the album. But a pure blues album is right up my street as you know. Many of the songs actually reminded me of their sound pre-1965 with Jagger giving his best vocal performances in decades in my opinion.

10/10 for me. My review: https://tomcaswell.net/2016/12/06/album ... -lonesome/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 07 Dec 2016, 07:04

BBC 6Music have played at least one of the tracks.

Pure blues is not my first choice of music, though I don't dislike it. And the Stones track I heard (Steve Lamacq played it) sounded raw and powerful.

This is the music that they played as they broke through to success in the mid 60s.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 07 Dec 2016, 14:05

Color me impressed! This would have made Brian Jones proud! Really takes me back (as you said tom_cas) to the vintage Blues sound the Stones perfected on their first two albums....Even more purer/rawer form of the Blues that they attempted during the Taylor era.....

Mick sounds impressive and I really love both Keith's and Ronnie's guitar-work.....Also, always a pleasure when Mick plays harmonica..adds that special something....Also, I cannot overlook Charlie's drumming, which to me has always been best suited for Blues/Jazz..... Definitely the best Stones album since "Voodoo Lounge"!

Edit: Fantastic review...I read it after I posted my original message and I completely agree w/you on all your points!