Mick Taylor
58%
Ronnie Wood
No votes

Total votes: 12

tom_cas1

Re: The Rolling Stones Thread

Post by tom_cas1 » 14 Jul 2016, 02:20

AdvertBreak wrote:Voodoo Lounge is straight up meh.
I disagree, I think it's a pretty good album. Not one of their all time bests but it's a good one. I really like Thru and Thru, Richards shines fantastically on there.

And in regards to Mick and Keith, I'm glad Keith took the reigns musically. We all know the kind of shite Mick can come out with, check out those god awful 80's solo albums and the failed supergroup SuperHeavy from 2011. Awful. Keith's solo albums are much better, his last effort from 2015 is really really good. But Mick and Keith TOGETHER is where it's at, no doubt about it. I'm really keen to hear their next studio album which they've supposedly already recorded. I know there was talk of Jack White producing them a few years back but not sure if that ever happened. I'd be interested in hearing that too.

My top 5 albums:

Exile On Main Street
Sticky Fingers
Let It Bleed
Goats Head Soup
Beggars Banquet
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 14 Jul 2016, 22:38

tom_cas1 wrote: Exile On Main Street
Sticky Fingers
Let It Bleed
Goats Head Soup
Beggars Banquet
Lord, I agree w/you on that top-5! I honestly cannot figure out "Undercover" and "Dirty Work" though....I've often tried to figure out what their thought process was during those two lackluster efforts. "Steel Wheels" to me was a wonderful comeback by then and I will never forget how brilliant they were live in support of that album!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 14 Jul 2016, 22:42

Yeah I like Steel Wheels too, pretty good album. I really like Emotional Rescue too. Very underrated. The song Indian Girl from that album is fantastic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF0MbYgYrCQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 14 Jul 2016, 22:47

tom_cas1 wrote:Yeah I like Steel Wheels too, pretty good album. I really like Emotional Rescue too. Very underrated. The song Indian Girl from that album is fantastic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF0MbYgYrCQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Emotional Rescue" would be around my 10th fave Stones album! The title track and "She's So Cold" are definitely the stand-outs and I love "Indian Girl" and "Down in the Hole" is downright filthy!..... I know some slam "Some Girls" and "Tattoo You", but they had to resort to those lengths in order for them to remain relevant during both respective years...true.. they compromised some, but otherwise they would have more than likely broken-up.....

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 15 Jul 2016, 14:27

I think Some Girls and Tattoo You are pretty good, probably a tier down from the likes of Exile, Sticky Fingers, Let It Bleed, Goats Head Soup and Beggars Banquet. Not GREAT but still solid albums in my opinion. I really loved the Some Girls deluxe edition release a few years back, there was some great extra material on the second disc. That reminds me, I'm yet to get the Sticky Fingers deluxe edition. I'll have to look into that. The Exile one was EXCELLENT.

I see Mick is expecting his 8th child at the age of 72... :lol:

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 16 Jul 2016, 00:30

tom_cas1 wrote:I think Some Girls and Tattoo You are pretty good, probably a tier down from the likes of Exile, Sticky Fingers, Let It Bleed, Goats Head Soup and Beggars Banquet. Not GREAT but still solid albums in my opinion. I really loved the Some Girls deluxe edition release a few years back, there was some great extra material on the second disc. That reminds me, I'm yet to get the Sticky Fingers deluxe edition. I'll have to look into that. The Exile one was EXCELLENT.

I see Mick is expecting his 8th child at the age of 72... :lol:

First... wow.... Mick having his 8th child at 72... he's definitely keeping up against Bill Wyman! haha

I was around 4 when "Tattoo You" was released and I even got into that album back then...So many solid moments.. "Waiting On A Friend" is by far the standout! My parents also had a copy of "Some Girls" and lord I loved playing around with that creative album cover sleeve! "Miss You" is within my top-20 all-time Stones songs..... That really salvaged them at the time..."Shattered" is always an entertaining tune......

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 16 Jul 2016, 03:43

Its one thing recording & touring around the world at that age....

....but being a father again.... :lol:

Good luck Mick :)
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

AdvertBreak

Post by AdvertBreak » 20 Jul 2016, 01:13

Got to disagree with an earlier comment Tom. I'd much prefer Mick to dominate as I don't like blues that much and Mick always has eclectic ideas and some of these are particularly good (Dust Brothers). Bridges to Babylon had the potential to be very good but Keith ruined it, to be frank imo.

It's probably because The Stones aren't generally my thing. I never play them.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 29 Jul 2016, 01:59

Very fascinating stuff! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l-facebook" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 02 Aug 2016, 07:11

The advert has clips from 'Juke Box Jury', the BBC TV show that the Stones appeared on as guest panellists in July 1964. This suggests that the advert was made in that year - which was when they started having top ten records.

NB - IIRC The Monkees also promoted Kellogg's cereals in the credits on (some?) of their shows.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 03 Aug 2016, 00:02

Mallard No. 22 wrote:The advert has clips from 'Juke Box Jury', the BBC TV show that the Stones appeared on as guest panellists in July 1964. This suggests that the advert was made in that year - which was when they started having top ten records.

NB - IIRC The Monkees also promoted Kellogg's cereals in the credits on (some?) of their shows.

Yes.. indeed the Monkees did! https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... commercial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 11 Aug 2016, 04:43

Interesting.....https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news ... et-w433790" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 13 Aug 2016, 06:24

The new box set will probably be better quality than previous ABKCO releases?

Found out elsewhere that the cereal advert was made in February 1964. Therefore the 'Juke Box Jury' stills are from a few months later. I haven't got Bill Wyman's 'Stone Alone' book to hand at present, but it might mention it.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 02 Oct 2016, 16:44

So according to the official social media accounts of The Rolling Stones, something is "COMING OCTOBER 6TH"!!!

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 09 Oct 2016, 14:59

tom_cas1 wrote:So according to the official social media accounts of The Rolling Stones, something is "COMING OCTOBER 6TH"!!!

Yes... a new album.."Blue & Lonesome"..... I am wondering if it's merely even worth just listening to it once since their most recent efforts have really been trite to me!