The Beatles Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tom_cas1

Re: The Beatles Thread

Post by tom_cas1 » 24 Oct 2018, 20:44

Excellent!! 2CD versions for me. Although I’m disappointed not to see Mama’s Little Girl on either release. One of Paul’s finer songs from this period. I was really looking forward to a better version
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 24 Oct 2018, 20:46

Wait no, I see it on Red Rose Speedway “Double Album” disc. My bad. I thought it was from the Wild Life sessions though.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 07 Nov 2018, 12:29

I am so excited for the "White Album" re-issue, especially the "Esher" sessions. I love this new video!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... S5_EQgbuLc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rich

Post by rich » 07 Nov 2018, 12:44

and Glass Onion remastered :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4K7b ... jh1j9XZAww" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

can't wait for Friday - I've got the CD boxset coming - remaster + Esher + 50 outtakes :) :)

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 07 Nov 2018, 22:33

rich wrote:and Glass Onion remastered :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4K7b ... jh1j9XZAww" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

can't wait for Friday - I've got the CD boxset coming - remaster + Esher + 50 outtakes :) :)
Another awesome video.... I love how the Beatles been capitalizing with social media over the past couple of years!

Now I am wonder what they will next year for the 50th anniversary of "Abbey Road"?

Paul hinted they might do something w/the extensive unreleased footage of the "Let It Be" film. Oh yes, if they officially release all the "Get Back" session material along w/"River Rhine".... That would be absolutely awesome!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 08 Nov 2018, 01:39

I’d take a remastered rooftop concert over anything else. I imagine they’d wait until 2020 to release anything Let It Be related though?

In terms of Abbey Road next year, more album outtakes including early versions of songs that ended up on debut solo albums.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 08 Nov 2018, 03:48

tom_cas1 wrote:I’d take a remastered rooftop concert over anything else. I imagine they’d wait until 2020 to release anything Let It Be related though?

In terms of Abbey Road next year, more album outtakes including early versions of songs that ended up on debut solo albums.
Yeah.. definitely 2020 anything "Let It Be". Also quite a few of what turned out to eventually become Beatles solo songs were demoed during the "Get Back/Let It Be" sessions as well.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 08 Nov 2018, 18:16

Good point. I think we're in for an exciting couple of years!

Consigliere_11

Post by Consigliere_11 » 08 Nov 2018, 20:46

It would be fun if they’d release a planned “Get Back” album, which I think was even mastered, but later re-done by Phil Spector to become “Let It Be”...
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)

rich

Post by rich » 08 Nov 2018, 21:14

Consigliere_11 wrote:It would be fun if they’d release a planned “Get Back” album, which I think was even mastered, but later re-done by Phil Spector to become “Let It Be”...
er - wasn't that Let It Be... Naked - the thing that Paul put out a few years ago?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_It_Be..._Naked" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Consigliere_11

Post by Consigliere_11 » 08 Nov 2018, 21:37

rich wrote:
Consigliere_11 wrote:It would be fun if they’d release a planned “Get Back” album, which I think was even mastered, but later re-done by Phil Spector to become “Let It Be”...
er - wasn't that Let It Be... Naked - the thing that Paul put out a few years ago?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_It_Be..._Naked" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No! There was supposed to be a bit of a different album in the beginning, with some improvisations and other songs - you can even see the track lists here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_It_Be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; under the “Recording and production” section. I think I even saw some of the bootlegs of those “albums” made from the Twickenham sessions, so the tapes are there - they just need to be remastered :)
RIP Mr. Okay (April 2015 - March 2016)

rich

Post by rich » 08 Nov 2018, 21:44

OK - thanks!

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 08 Nov 2018, 21:52

I still love Let It Be...Naked. Really good to hear the songs stripped of the Spector bollocks.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 09 Nov 2018, 04:54

tom_cas1 wrote:Good point. I think we're in for an exciting couple of years!
I apologize for bringing up my other favorite band, but the Beach Boys also have had an exciting past few years of releases and re-releases and it's all infinite hours of pure listening enjoyment!

Consigliere_11 definitely has the right idea regarding the prior versions/packages of "Get Back"/"Let It Be" before they settled on Spector's final one. They should release it in that form as part of the compilation.

KingLouieLouie76

Post by KingLouieLouie76 » 10 Nov 2018, 00:50

"The Beatles" new re-issue is on Spotify and I listened to all the "Esher" demos first and lord... that makes the package worth the price alone!