The Beatles Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: MrMagpie, tom_cas1, Caitlin

Re: The Beatles Thread

Postby Mallard No. 22 » 03 Jan 2018, 05:26

The song infers that he did.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."
User avatar
Mallard No. 22
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: 01 Oct 2014, 08:46
Location: North East UK

Re: The Beatles Thread

Postby AdvertBreak » 06 Jan 2018, 08:28

I've seen contrasting views.
Image

https://rateyourmusic.com/~chemical_think_tank
User avatar
AdvertBreak
 
Posts: 5567
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 18:34
Location: Gorgeous Wiltshire

Re: The Beatles Thread

Postby Mark72 » 08 Jan 2018, 19:58

Paul at the Cavern '99. I would of loved to of been there!
https://youtu.be/udVExjy5ehM
User avatar
Mark72
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 10:52
Location: Oxford. U.K.

Re: The Beatles Thread

Postby MrMagpie » 11 Jan 2018, 18:17

AdvertBreak wrote:I've seen contrasting views.


Yes, he does.

"rocky raccoon, he fell back in his room
only to find gideon's bible.
gideon checked out and left it no doubt
to help with good rocky's revival."

"Revival" in the sense of religious allegory, i.e. life after death

Every time I check into a hotel room, I always find the Gideon's Bible because of this song. 8-)
Image

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem
User avatar
MrMagpie
Moderator
 
Posts: 2660
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 19:22
Location: Pepperland

Re: The Beatles Thread

Postby tom_cas1 » 15 Jan 2018, 01:02

This year marks the 5 year anniversary of Mark Lewisohn’s Tune In book. Volume 1 of 3. Anyone know when he plans on releasing Volume 2?
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
 
Posts: 7584
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 16:13

Re: The Beatles Thread

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 15 Jan 2018, 04:50

I am very intrigued what the White Album's Deluxe 50th Anniversary Reissue will contain? Perhaps several of the unreleased songs, like "Circles", "Child of Nature, "Sour Milk Sea", etc..... I also would love all of the "Esher" sessions as well. And the packaging must include all of the "Mad Day Out" photos and perhaps some while taken in India w/maybe some of the India acoustic demos.

What does everyone else consider the ideal reissue to consist of?
Image
User avatar
KingLouieLouie76
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 04:51
Location: Phoenix, AZ (USA)

Re: The Beatles Thread

Postby Forever Low Man » 15 Jan 2018, 05:41

KingLouieLouie76 wrote:What does everyone else consider the ideal reissue to consist of?

I wanna say something snarky like "an empty box" but in all seriousness, they have no excuse not to make the vinyl white.

No excuse.
Image
damon008 wrote:you kill intermission like i eat hot dinners
User avatar
Forever Low Man
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: 12 Sep 2014, 17:47
Location: A million miles away, in your backyard

Re: The Beatles Thread

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 17 Jan 2018, 18:32

Forever Low Man wrote:
KingLouieLouie76 wrote:What does everyone else consider the ideal reissue to consist of?

I wanna say something snarky like "an empty box" but in all seriousness, they have no excuse not to make the vinyl white.

No excuse.



Agreed...that element cannot be overlooked! I hope they do it even better than the "Sgt. Pepper" package.
Image
User avatar
KingLouieLouie76
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 04:51
Location: Phoenix, AZ (USA)

Re: The Beatles Thread

Postby MrMagpie » 30 Jan 2018, 17:04

tom_cas1 wrote:This year marks the 5 year anniversary of Mark Lewisohn’s Tune In book. Volume 1 of 3. Anyone know when he plans on releasing Volume 2?


No clue other than, in a recent interview, he mentioned the previously mentioned date of 2020 will NOT happen...seeing as how the 1963-67 period is their most manic and fertile, it makes sense that his research is going to be immense in order to cover those years.

On a related note, I just recently reviewed this fantastic new book called Riding So High: The Beatles and Drugs --> http://rnrchemist.blogspot.com/2018/01/ ... s-and.html
Image

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem
User avatar
MrMagpie
Moderator
 
Posts: 2660
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 19:22
Location: Pepperland

Re: The Beatles Thread

Postby tom_cas1 » 30 Jan 2018, 22:21

Damn, even if it was 2020 that's still two years away. And now it's going to be even longer! I understand why, I can only imagine the kind of detail he's going in to, but I WANT IT NOW!
Image
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
User avatar
tom_cas1
Moderator
 
Posts: 7584
Joined: 08 Sep 2014, 16:13

Re: The Beatles Thread

Postby KingLouieLouie76 » 31 Jan 2018, 15:48

MrMagpie wrote:
tom_cas1 wrote:This year marks the 5 year anniversary of Mark Lewisohn’s Tune In book. Volume 1 of 3. Anyone know when he plans on releasing Volume 2?


No clue other than, in a recent interview, he mentioned the previously mentioned date of 2020 will NOT happen...seeing as how the 1963-67 period is their most manic and fertile, it makes sense that his research is going to be immense in order to cover those years.

On a related note, I just recently reviewed this fantastic new book called Riding So High: The Beatles and Drugs --> http://rnrchemist.blogspot.com/2018/01/ ... s-and.html


Welcome Back MrMagpie.... Hope you're back on here again on a more regular basis! Another outstanding review.... Is it true (did the book mention it) how Dylan thought the Beatles were singing "I get high, I get high" during "I Want To Hold Your Hand"? Man, I'm shocked Paul used cocaine during those years, wonder if that impacted his writing during that time. Thanks for bringing that book to our attention, must check it out myself!
Image
User avatar
KingLouieLouie76
 
Posts: 3093
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 04:51
Location: Phoenix, AZ (USA)

Re: The Beatles Thread

Postby Mark72 » 02 Feb 2018, 23:33

Frank Zappa dissing John and Yoko https://youtu.be/3bxwaNUVHQQ
User avatar
Mark72
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 10:52
Location: Oxford. U.K.

PreviousNext

Return to Music Is My Radar

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests