jonathon ross interviews Paul about John
http://youtu.be/sN568H6CY3I
“I need something to remind me that there’s something else”

101reykjavik

Re: The Beatles thread

Post by 101reykjavik » 09 Dec 2014, 12:46

Mark72 wrote:jonathon ross interviews Paul about John
http://youtu.be/sN568H6CY3I
Thanks for the link. No, I missed it Tom. I'll have to give it a watch.

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 09 Dec 2014, 22:14

I'm afraid I don't see much in his new single at all.

It sounds like an 'X-Factor anthem'. It just sounds like any other record :cry:
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 10 Dec 2014, 02:56

Hey all, I have been just swamped, and I've really missed this place! I'm trying to catch up on all that's gone on the past few weeks...including Paul's new single/video which I've yet to watch/listen to, although it seems you guys aren't too impressed! That bad?

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem

101reykjavik

Post by 101reykjavik » 10 Dec 2014, 07:09

Hi Drew - hope that new job isn't proving too stressful!

I think some people are being too harsh on Paul's new single. I think it's quite catchy. There was better stuff on New, certainly, but as a standalone single I think it's alright.

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 10 Dec 2014, 11:57

Damn, this thread has dropped off lately. It's no longer the busiest thread on the forum in terms of replies/views. We need to sort that out!!

Maybe we could play another game ranking peoples top 2 and bottom 2 tracks from each album? We did something like that on the old forum but now that place has been deleted for good, we could do it again here. :D
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 11 Dec 2014, 07:06

A few things:

1- Paul's new song and video (link for those whom haven't seen it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=163_C5UVU-I ) To me it's just meh. It reminds me of 1989-1993 Paul music. I think it kinda would fit well on Flowers in the Dirt or Off the Ground. It's not bad, but it's not great. I'd agree with the 6.5 Stu gave it. I'm not into video games (except Tetris and old school Mario) so the video does nothing really for me. I appreciate the artwork on it. I think that aspect of it is rather pleasing.

2- The video clip of Paul on Jonathan Ross: First off, I'm sorry but CUT YOUR DAMN HAIR PAUL. UGH! The fake dark mullet look is not attractive looking on a pale thin older man. I'm not saying he should go all white hair and look his age, but something more like this cut and color Image like he had in 1998 looks a lot better. He has some gray hairs mixed in rather nicely.

3- I hate that saying "the Jerk of all Jerks." for me it doesn't so anything for MDC (or any other murderer) a person like that needs harsher words.

4- I recently saw a photo of Yoko from that night and as much as I hate that woman, that photo made me feel so bad for her. Even if she wasn't in love with John at that time and was using him or whatever, to see someone you obviously care about get brutally murdered right in front of you is something no one should have to see.

5- I agree, this thread has dropped off a bit, I'm down with the lists. My thoughts change all of the time so I don't even know what I put on the old threads. (I'm still pissed the whole old forum is gone)

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 11 Dec 2014, 09:19

MsMagicAmerica wrote:Paul's new song and video. To me it's just meh. It reminds me of 1989-1993 Paul music.
Yes, and that late 80s period was fallow for music in general.
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 11 Dec 2014, 11:14

I don't mind Off The Ground, in fact that was the first Paul solo album I ever heard. So it has a special place in my heart. Obviously not up there with RAM, Band On The Run etc but I like it.

Yeah we really need to get this thread going again! Not quite sure why it's gone a little quiet in recent weeks.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

rich

Post by rich » 11 Dec 2014, 11:26

OK - if you were going to drop Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields into Sgt Pepper - where would you put them?
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 11 Dec 2014, 11:51

That's a tough question. I'm not sure Penny Lane fits in there, I've always thought it sounds more like a Revolver song to me. But this is what I'd go for. I think...I THINK.

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
With a Little Help From My Friends
Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
Getting Better
Fixing a Hole
She's Leaving Home
Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite
Strawberry Fields Forever
Within You Without You
When I'm Sixty Four
Lovely Rita
Penny Lane
Good Morning Good Morning
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
A Day in the Life

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 11 Dec 2014, 16:11

JAIME

Post by JAIME » 11 Dec 2014, 19:10

Yesterday I got my ticket for Ringo's concert in Chile in March :P

This going to be my 2nd time in a concert of Ringo and his All Starrs band.

In total, I've seen 5 times Paul McCartney(4 in Chile and 1 in Argentina), Ringo once....and Pete Best once. :D

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 12 Dec 2014, 01:39

tom_cas1 wrote:I don't mind Off The Ground, in fact that was the first Paul solo album I ever heard. So it has a special place in my heart. Obviously not up there with RAM, Band On The Run etc but I like it.

Yeah we really need to get this thread going again! Not quite sure why it's gone a little quiet in recent weeks.
Same here Tom. First Paul solo album that I heard was Off the Ground. It's the 1993 New World Tour that started my obsession. Off the Ground has some decent songs on it. Mistress and Maid, C'Mon People, & I Owe it All to You are my top 3 songs from that album. I used to LOVE the Lovers that Never Were but then I heard the demo with Elvis Costello where they butcher the song with awful vocals and it forever ruined it for me. I used to hate Biker Like an Icon but now I actually really like it.Off the Ground also had some great B Sides. If anyone would like them, I'll drop them in the dropbox.

I don't mind his music from Flowers in the Dirt of Off the Ground, but to me it's not his best work. It's by far not his worst either.

And that's awesome Jaimie!!

MrMagpie

Post by MrMagpie » 12 Dec 2014, 02:57

Mallard No. 22 wrote:
MsMagicAmerica wrote:Paul's new song and video. To me it's just meh. It reminds me of 1989-1993 Paul music.
Yes, and that late 80s period was fallow for music in general.

Finally listened to the tune. It's alright...for what it is, to play over the end credits of a video game, it's just fine. It's not one of his best but it's still really good IMO...would go over well during one of his concerts don't you think?

The Rock and Roll Chemist: http://www.rnrchemist.blogspot.com
Twitter: @rocknrollchem http://www.twitter.com/rocknrollchem