The Beatles Thread

Other music and recommendations.

Moderators: tom_cas1, Caitlin, MrMagpie

tom_cas1

Re: The Beatles Thread

Post by tom_cas1 » 22 Nov 2021, 22:02

Looking forward to the Get Back documentary!!
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 23 Nov 2021, 21:01

:) Yes
"Everybody's Doing It...So Do It Too...."

Henrik Stromberg

Post by Henrik Stromberg » 26 Nov 2021, 06:19

Hello! I'm a knew one here. Why do we need such thread about Beatles on forum about Blur? :? Just asking
The program of training me as a musician: https://musescore.com/courses/guitar
Check out my Blur songs scores: https://musescore.com/sheetmusic?text=blur

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 26 Nov 2021, 09:19

Henrik Stromberg wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 06:19
Hello! I'm a knew one here. Why do we need such thread about Beatles on forum about Blur? :? Just asking
For the same reason there are threads about other artists. This thread is in the section of the forum where Blur fans can talk about music that has nothing to do with Blur.
It’s a long thread for a few reasons: it was created years ago, many of us are also Beatles fans, there’s lots to talk about, and Blur and it’s members aren’t as busy as the Beatles.

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 26 Nov 2021, 09:27

tom_cas1 wrote:
22 Nov 2021, 22:02
Looking forward to the Get Back documentary!!
I can’t wait to watch it! This is a busy weekend for me due to work and family obligations so I can’t watch it all in one or two sittings.
Hopefully I can watch an hour a night.

How is everyone watching it? Like are you watching it in installments or all at once?

Has anyone purchased the book of the deluxe Let it Be set? If so is the book worth getting? I’ve been trying not to buy Beatles books because I have so many books about them and so little space.

Caitlin

Post by Caitlin » 30 Nov 2021, 10:49

I'm nervously dipping a toe into this thread knowing I'll make you all scream, but I've never ever really listened to The Beatles properly. Bits and pieces of the singles, but it's always seemed too broad a discography to properly listen to. Watched the first hour and a half of Get Back and it's really enjoyable. Definitely going to watch through the rest (it's such a commitment!) - watching them write together is fascinating.

rich

Post by rich » 30 Nov 2021, 16:39

Caitlin wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 10:49
I'm nervously dipping a toe into this thread knowing I'll make you all scream, but I've never ever really listened to The Beatles properly. Bits and pieces of the singles, but it's always seemed too broad a discography to properly listen to. Watched the first hour and a half of Get Back and it's really enjoyable. Definitely going to watch through the rest (it's such a commitment!) - watching them write together is fascinating.
Hi Caitlin - don't worry - not everyone's as old as me!!!

Can I suggest a couple of tracks to get into...

Hey Bulldog (hidden on the Yellow Submarine album) - mostly John, a similar vibe to Paul's Lady Madonna, but seemingly overlooked for many years
Long, Long, Long (on The Beatles aka the White Album) - from George, an aching melody, to be played late at night...
Sexy Sadie (ditto) - John's take on the Maharishi - see also its early iteration as Child Of Nature
While My Guitar Gently Weeps (ditto) - George with Eric Clapton's wonderful lead guitar

there are many many more of course, but I think you'll enjoy the above as they're quite a bit blurish :)

rich 8-)
I put me trousers on, have a cup of tea, and think about leaving the house...
my gig videos https://vimeo.com/user19376405

Henrik Stromberg

Post by Henrik Stromberg » 01 Dec 2021, 07:32

MsMagicAmerica wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 09:19
Henrik Stromberg wrote:
For the same reason there are threads about other artists. This thread is in the section of the forum where Blur fans can talk about music that has nothing to do with Blur.
It’s a long thread for a few reasons: it was created years ago, many of us are also Beatles fans, there’s lots to talk about, and Blur and it’s members aren’t as busy as the Beatles.
Oh! Understand thank you! But where I can find the page about other artists?

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 01 Dec 2021, 08:45

Henrik Stromberg wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 07:32
MsMagicAmerica wrote:
Henrik Stromberg wrote:
Go to the Music is my Radar section of the forum and either look at the threads that others have made about different artists If you can’t find whatever artist you wanted to chat with others about you can always create a thread. :)

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 03 Dec 2021, 22:05

MsMagicAmerica wrote:
Yes I agree :)
rich wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 16:39
Hi Caitlin - don't worry - not everyone's as old as me!!!

Can I suggest a couple of tracks to get into...

Hey Bulldog (hidden on the Yellow Submarine album) - mostly John, a similar vibe to Paul's Lady Madonna, but seemingly overlooked for many years
Long, Long, Long (on The Beatles aka the White Album) - from George, an aching melody, to be played late at night...
Sexy Sadie (ditto) - John's take on the Maharishi - see also its early iteration as Child Of Nature
While My Guitar Gently Weeps (ditto) - George with Eric Clapton's wonderful lead guitar

there are many many more of course, but I think you'll enjoy the above as they're quite a bit blurish :)

rich 8-)
Good choices rich 8-)

Henrik Stromberg

Post by Henrik Stromberg » 14 Dec 2021, 07:17

MsMagicAmerica wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 08:45
Henrik Stromberg wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 07:32
MsMagicAmerica wrote:

Go to the Music is my Radar section of the forum and either look at the threads that others have made about different artists If you can’t find whatever artist you wanted to chat with others about you can always create a thread. :)
Ok Ok! Thank you! ;)

tom_cas1

Post by tom_cas1 » 29 Dec 2021, 00:47

What did people think of Get Back? For me - it was a masterpiece. Absolutely incredible on every level. And to think this was only a TINY portion of footage and audio that was recorded. I would have loved to be a part of the team putting the documentary together.

And the rooftop concert...wow. Amazing.
Coffee & TV wrote:Any cock bigger than mine is deffo a human marvel. Give it to me, babe.
Pavlich wrote:I did see a bloke in bondage gear with a rubber dick on his head and dildos for arms, but that was about the peak...

Mallard No. 22

Post by Mallard No. 22 » 06 Jan 2022, 09:07

It was an interesting concept, showing them away from public duty, in the post-millenium reality TV style - such footage would not have been deemed suitable for regular release in 1969.

I have watched, bit-by-bit, all three parts, and it strikes me that they were getting along well - although there might have been much more evidence (during 57 hours of footage) that things were not so good.

I think the close of Part 1 where George left was adapted as a 'cliffhanger' through present-day eyes, and I am not sure if it was a big event at the time. There was no big bust-up, they were re-building bridges straight away and George was only absent for a few days.

I always liked how they played on the roof above the Apple offices, and captured the interest of the general public in the vicinity.

Despite the police attention, most people did not seem to mind the group playing there. It was interesting how some young people didn't know it was The Beatles, but older people realised and said they liked the music.

Throughout the series, I think Paul was the coolest-looking Beatle, followed by Glyn Johns.... :lol:

The ages in ascending order of principal participants in January 1969: Heather Eastman (i.e. McCartney)(6), Billy Preston (22), Maureen Starkey (22), Ethan Russell (23), George Harrison (25), Glyn Johns (26), Paul McCartney (26), Neil Aspinall (27), Linda Eastman (27), John Lennon (28), Michael Lindsay-Hogg (28), Ringo Starr (28), Mal Evans (33), Yoko Ono (35), George Martin (43).

I always thought George Martin was a generation older than The Beatles, and his bryl-cremed hairstyle continued to suggest this, though in reality (at 43) he was not quite old enough to be so.

MsMagicAmerica

Post by MsMagicAmerica » 12 Feb 2022, 13:54

Has anyone else seen the Get Back Rooftop Concert film in IMAX?

I just saw it last night and it was fantastic I wish I had the sound system that the movie theater had because I’d love to blast the Beatles as loud as they were blasting it in the theater. My only wish was that it was longer. I didn’t want it to end.